15th LANCO Match Play Championship
Presented by Brent L. Miller Jewelers & Goldsmiths
Round of 64: May 15 - June 6 at Crossgates Golf Club
Round of 32: June 7 - June 27 at Overlook Golf Course
Round of 16: June 28 - July 18 at Tanglewood Manor Golf Club
Quarterfinals: July 19 - August 7 at Meadia Heights Golf Club
Semifinals & Finals: August 14 - 15 at Lancaster Country Club
(Dates of Round 1, 2 and 3 will be adjusted based on the field size)
Entry Fee: $50 per player. With the exception of the semi-finals and finals, each player is responsible for paying their own greens and cart fees. LANCO member courses have provided their best price per round possible. If a player is a member at the host course, their cost will be determined by their membership type. Players advancing to the semi-final and final matches will not be responsible for their greens fees, only their cart or caddie fees.
Format: Individual single elimination gross match play, USGA match play rules govern all play
Match Information: Each player is responsible for reaching out to the player he is assigned to play and setting a tee time at the host course that both players agree upon. Matches must be completed within the timeframe allotted for each match. Failure to complete the match and report the results will result in LANCO officials determining a winner however they see fit.
Match Tie-Breaker Procedure: In the event of a match all square after 18 holes, a sudden death playoff shall start on hole #1 and continue sequentially until a winner is determined.
Match Results: A LANCO official will determine and post the brackets, as well as post all match results on the LANCO website. Match results shall be reported no later than midnight of the last match day.
Reporting final match results is the responsibility of each player. To report match results, click here to email Jim Fuhrman.
Eligibility: LANCO Events are open to all residents of Lancaster County.
Players that do not have residency in Lancaster County may play in LANCO Events if they maintain a handicap at a LANCO Member Course.
Flight Breakdown: Eligible senior division players may choose to play in the championship division. A player is limited to playing in one division.
- Championship Division (Age 54 and under)
- Senior Division (Age 55 +)
- Championship Division = Back Tees
- Senior Division = Regular Tees (6,000 yard range)
Field: Each division will be limited to the first 64 players.
Ranking Information: Players shall be ranked based on the results from the previous year's Match Play Championship, LANCO Amateur, LANCO Senior, LANCO Open, War of the Roses rankings and current Handicap Index.
- #1 seed = Defending Match Play Champion/Defending Senior Champion
- #2 seed = Previous Years Amateur Champion
- #3 seed = Previous Years Low Amateur from the Open
- #4 seed = Previous Years highest ranking WOR player that has not already been seeded
- The remaining players are seeded based on their previous years WOR points and their Handicap Index as of May 1, 2021 for the event with more weight given to the previous year's WOR points rankings.
- The player with the most points receives the top seed and on down through. If a player signs up for the Championship Division and has WOR points, they will be seeded based on their USGA handicap index.
Championship Weekend: Competitors reaching the finals and semi-finals will receive a portion of the purse. Players will receive War of the Roses points in both the Championship Division and Senior Division based on their finishing position.
Deadline to Register: Sunday, May 9 by 11:59pm
Cancellation Policy: Any player registered for a LANCO tournament who wishes to withdraw, may do so as long as the tournament registration deadline has not past. Once the tournament registration deadline has past, no refunds for any reason can be processed.