In 2010 the LANCO Scholarship Fund was created and funded entirely by individual donations.
The Scholarship Fund is an annual scholarship awarded to a Lancaster County high school senior (male or female) who participates in interscholastic golf and demonstrates the values of the game of golf, e.g. honesty, fair play, integrity, etc.
Golf coaches nominate potential recipients after the fall season taking into account the student’s academic progress, community and school activities, sportsmanship, leadership, and improvement in golf skills.
The LANCO Golf Association board of directors chooses the recipient during their winter meeting and the scholarship recipient is announced in early spring. The monetary award, typically $1,000, is forwarded to the higher education institution the student will attend, assisting with tuition or room and board expenses.
Starting in 2018, Lancaster County Junior Golf Tour will now take over the Lanco Junior Scholarship Fund. Click here for more information.
- 2017 - R. J. Smith (University of Pittsburg)
- 2016 - Peter Chieppor (Villanova University)
- 2015 - Haley Goodling (Monmouth University)
- 2014 - Andy Butler (Villanova University)
- 2013 – Jonathan Sauder (Cedarville University)
- 2012 – JD Dornes (Penn State University)
- 2011 – no nominations
- 2010 – Christopher Fieger Jr. (Millersville University)